Revolution Ultra Blush Palette: Hot Spice

17:20

Hello!


I purchased this blusher palette earlier this month and it came in the post just over week ago. I decided to leave it a while before I wrote a post about the product as I wanted to try it out properly and use quite a few of the beautiful shades. The palette is called 'Hot Spice' from Revolution Makeup, who do some amazing affordable makeup (I also have an eyeshadow palette and two highlighters: Goddess of Love and one I gave to my sister called Golden Lights).
At first I was in two minds whether to choose this palette or one which had more 'baked' blushers (called Golden Sugar) but I decided on this one eventually because I thought it would be more practical and I would use it more on a day-to-day basis. It also has some matte and a few shimmery shades. The palette was in the sale at £4 (usually £6 of which is super affordable anyway) so I couldn't resist ordering it!

Baked shades

The blusher shades are generally quite subtle however there are a range of colours, for example there are peachy/golden shades, dusty pinks and shimmery brighter pinks. There are also two gorgeous baked blushers in this palette, as you can see from the photos. The one that looks white in the photos, actually isn't; it's a very light pink shade and you can tell that when you put it on. It's a very shimmery shade and is probably one of my favourites. The other baked shade is again very shimmery but it's more of a peachy-pink colour. I think this shade will be perfect for the spring and summer months.

In terms of staying power, the blushers have seemed to stay in place all day (however I do use Urban Decay's setting spray so that probably plays a part)! I use my Zoeva blusher brush to blend the product and I use the Real Techniques buffing brush to make sure my blush, highlighter and bronzer are all blended nicely.



One of my other favourites is the first blusher on the bottom row (left). I love this shade because it's very subtle, slightly shimmery and is more of a brown-pink-orangey toned shade.
I would recommend this palette to anyone as it is super cheap and to those who are looking for a range of shades that aren't too bright. As the palette has eight shades I believe it will last me a really long time. Most shades are all slightly different (although a couple are quite similar), so it is very wearable throughout the whole year. The peachy shades would be especially great for the summer and spring and the pinks would be great all year round, more so during the winter months because they will add a nice flush of colour to your cheeks.


Another plus side of this palette is that it comes with a massive mirror so if you're travelling you wont need to take a separate mirror with you - which will save a lot of room in your makeup bag! The palette is pretty big but it would be the only blush you're going to need as it has such a vast range of colours. At the moment I honestly don't think I can find any flaws in this blusher palette!

I am definitely going to be purchasing even more Revolution makeup in the future; there are a couple of eyeshadow palettes (particularly this stunning one) I have my eye on.

Swatches of all the shades
Thanks for reading! Let me know what Revolution makeup you have or what is on your wish list.
Love, Emily x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe