2015 Favourites

11:00

Hello!
I am going to be writing about my favourite skincare, makeup, TV shows, artists and films of 2015 in this post. Just like the last blog post I wrote on 'What I got for Christmas', I am writing this because these are one of my favourite posts to read or watch on YouTube and I really enjoy writing them.

First off, I am going to start off with film and TV favourites... I would also include books in this section, but I haven't read enough this year to pick a favourite book 'of 2015'.

TV favourites:

  • Marvel's Jessica Jones 
  • American Horror Story: Hotel
  • Orange is the new Black
  • Orphan Black
  • Pretty Little Liars
  • Skins... Series one and two are the best!
  • Scream Queens
  • Humans
  • Doctor Who
  • Doctor Foster

Films... I didn't really see many films in the cinema this year but I have a few favourites:

  • Mockingjay Part 2
  • Spectre
  • Spy

Favourite music artists and 6 favourite songs of 2015

Artists:
  • My Dad and sister have recently got me into Panic! At the Disco
  • Imagine Dragons
  • Lana Del Rey
  • Lower than Atlantis
  • Royal Blood
  • Disclosure
  • Fall Out Boy
  • The Weeknd


Songs:
  • Lean On: Major Lazer
  • Prisoner: The Weeknd ft. Lana Del Rey
  • Art Deco: Lana Del Rey
  • Emperor's New Clothes: Panic! At the Disco
  • Magnets: Disclosure ft. Lorde
  • Smoke and Mirrors: Imagine Dragons

Skincare (also including perfume/hair products)

  • Rihanna: Nude perfume
Rihanna Nude perfume
  • Marc Jacobs: Daisy perfume
  • Simple moisturiser. I honestly forgot how good this was until I repurchased it a few months ago. I was using the Garnier moisturiser as it was cheaper but I think I will stick to buying the Simple one from now on because it feels so soothing.
  • Batiste dry shampoo. I especially love the cherry scented one and the original one.
  • Garnier micellar cleansing water
Garnier micellar cleansing water

  • 'Sweet creamy frosting' body lotion by Philosophy
  • Nourishing coconut oil mist by Organix
  • Argan Oil
Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume

Makeup

Now, this is going to be the longest section of the three!

  • Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay. I never thought I'd prefer any of the Naked palette's when I had Naked 1, but this for sure has taken the top spot. There are so many beautiful colours, including one of my favourites from Naked 1 - Half Baked. The palette has 3 matte shades, which is the only issue as I would prefer more than that as I really like matte eyeshadows.
Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette

  • Mac's cranberry and sumptuous olive eyeshadows. The cranberry one especially is perfect for blending in the crease of your eyelid, whilst wearing a neutral shade on the base or a taupe shade. I do the same with the olive shade, or I quite frequently do a shimmery gold, brown/black smokey eye with the olive shade in the crease of my eyelid.
  • Urban Decay's moondust eyeshadow in the shade Space Cowboy. I love to wear this just by itself as a more natural look just with mascara or I love putting it on top of eyeshadow as it completes the look. To get more of the colour of the shimmery eyeshadow I sometimes dip my eyeshadow brush in water, take some of the eyeshadow and put it all over my eyelid or in the inner corner, of course along with another eyeshadow or two in the my crease and as the base.
Urban Decay's moondust eyeshadow in: Space Cowboy

  • Collection lasting perfection concealer. Every single year this is my ultimate favourite concealer despite having tried more expensive brands, I always go back to this one as it does it's job perfectly for the really cheap price of £4-5.
  • Loreal Paris: true match foundation is the ultimate high street foundation. It does have quite a watery consistency, but this does make it very easy to apply and you don't need much foundation at all to get a good coverage. It works absolute wonders!
  • Volume Million Lashes: Loreal Paris. This mascara is amazing; I love mascaras that really lengthen your lashes and make them look really natural and this mascara does exactly that. The brush is so good as well. This and Benefit 'they're real' are the best mascaras for 'lengthening lashes' in my opinion... Out of the mascara's I have tried anyway!
  • Mac's soft and gentle highlighter because it gives a beautiful natural glow. It is also very shimmery, pigmented and quite noticeable which I quite like in a highlighter.
Mac's Soft and Gentle highlighter

  • Hoola by Benefit. I honestly don't think any bronzer ever will beat this product. It is so natural, quite pigmented, easy to blend and it lasts ages. I first had this bronzer in 2013 I believe and I've only just started to make a dent in my second one. I honestly don't care that it's £23; the price tag doesn't bother me at all as it is such an amazing product and is certainly worth every single penny.
  • Rimmel London stay matte and clear complexion powders are both amazing; they set your foundation and concealer perfectly whilst giving a matte finish, of course. At £4-5 you cannot go wrong with just trying one of these powders out.
Rimmel's clear complexion powder

  • Stargazer white foundation. I sometimes find my foundation is a little too dark for my skin, but if I had the shade lighter it would be to pale for me so this is a perfect product to mix with your normal foundation. I have repurchased it many times throughout 2015.
  • Loreal Paris 'Superliner: Perfect Slim'. I didn't think any felt tip liner could be better than the Soap and Glory one, but this eyeliner has a really slim felt tip, which is what I really wanted as you can make a thick line/eyeliner flick or a really thin one. It is super easy to use as well! Funnily enough, I was in Tesco/Boots with my Dad and Boot's didn't have the Soap and Glory one in stock so my Dad picked out this one for me and I love it, so thanks Dad! I will definitely be repurchasing this makeup product.
  • Mac's Velvet Teddy: this lipstick will forever be one of my ultimate favourites. I am on my second one and I'm in love with it. It's a gorgeous natural matte shade which would go with any makeup look or outfit.
  • Eylure Lashes (Natural and Lengthening)
Eylure lashes in Natural: 31

  • Mac's cream Lady Blush. I don't wear this product much for some reason but it is a lovely matte, natural looking shade, perfect for the spring and summer time.
  • Bourjois Matte velvet lipstick in the shade Funchsia. As you can probably now tell, matte lipsticks are my favourite type of lipsticks!


  • Sleek blush in pomegranate. I only received this blush for Christmas but I already really like it. I was in need of a shimmery dark pink blusher for a while and I knew Sleek was the brand to go for. Their blushers are so beautiful, pigmented and they last absolutely ages.
Right: Sleek Blush in Pomegranate, Left: Kiko water eyeshadow in the shade 202

  • Again, I only got these following three products for Christmas but they're some of my favourite makeup products already. These are the Revolution triple baked highlighter 'Goddess of Love'; it's really natural and I wanted a day-to-day highlighter as I didn't want to keep using my Mac one all the time as it's obviously quite expensive. Kiko's water eyeshadow in the shade 202, of which is super pretty when you use water with it and when you don't. I will definitely be purchasing another shade in the future! Finally, Urban Decay's de-slick makeup setting spray - which is so good as it honestly does keep my makeup in place all day. I was looking at getting this product for a while now but my good friend Briony bought it for me for Christmas - yay, thank you!

Goddess of Love highlighter by Revolution

I almost forgot to mention my beloved Zoeva rose gold brushes!

Zoeva Rose Golden brush set


Wow! I told you that would be a super long section. Thinking on it I could have done just a single post on makeup, but the other sections would probably be too short to be on a separate post.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post!
Love, Emily x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe