Urban Decay: Naked 2 palette and Moondust eyeshadow

14:06

Hello!
Wow, time is going so quick; it's been two weeks since my last blog post!

In this post I'm going to talk about two Urban Decay products I got for my birthday last month.


The first one I'm going to talk about is the Naked 2 palette which I received from my Great Auntie. I got the first Naked Palette a year ago and I didn't think I'd like the other palettes as much, but oh my gosh I actually do prefer this one to the Naked 1! I feel like the only neutral colour missing is a matte mid-brown shade, but other than that it has some gorgeous colours. Also, half baked is in this palette again which made me so excited as it was one of my favourites from Naked 1 and it ran out ages ago. Neutral colours are probably my favourite because they're so versatile; you can wear them with any type of outfit and you can create a really natural makeup look with them or on the other hand a very dramatic makeup look.

They are £38 which is expensive, but when you think about it there are twelve eyeshadows in there which is pretty amazing for a high end brand.
I have a quad palette from Mac with the eyeshadows costing £10 each and the palette itself costing £5, so that means I've spent £45 already and that's not even half of the eyeshadows that are in the Naked Palettes. Don't get me wrong, I love Mac and definitely don't regret buying the eyeshadows because they're beautiful. However, if you've never bought high end eyeshadows before then I'd recommend buying one of the Naked Palette's first because they are far better value for money and the Naked Palettes are probably one (or two...) of the best makeup items I own.

Choosing my ultimate favourite shades from this palette is very hard, but I will give it a try! My favourite 5 are probably: Half Baked (2nd on left) Chopper (4th left), Snakebite (6th in), Bootycall (3rd in) YDK (10th).


The palette also comes with four sample primers, which are insanely amazing!
(Pictured: Sin - to wear with pinky toned eyeshadows)

The next product I received from my good friend Briony (who has an amazing blog by the way so go and check it out).
She kindly bought me Urban Decay's Moondust eyeshadow in the shade Space Cowboy, which I think is probably the coolest eyeshadow name I've ever come across! It is a stunning neutral pink/gold shade. It is insanely glittery and you can either put it on by itself, over the top of any eyeshadow(s) you have on or you can get an eye makeup brush and dampen it slightly and then apply the eyeshadow which makes it more noticeable and pigmented. I absolutely adore it; it's super pretty and perfect for a night out (or to wear in the daytime!!) It just adds that extra bit of 'wow' to your makeup look.
It also stays on for absolutely ages, even without an eyeshadow primer on underneath which is fabulous and it's what I love about Urban Decay's eyeshadow products.
It is £14 so it is on the expensive side, but it is perfect for a gift or to have a little splurge on if you want to buy a high end makeup product.

Moondust Eyeshadow



Swatch of the eyeshadow



That's it for this post!
Let me know in the comments what Urban Decay products you have/really want/would recommend.

Love, Emily x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe