World Challenge - Malaysia and Borneo

18:30

Hello everyone! Today I'm going to be talking about a life changing trip I will be going on in just over a year.
We had an assembly quite a few months ago about this thing called 'World Challenge'. People who work for the business came in and talked to us about it, and as it sounded quite interesting and fun I grabbed a leaflet at the end of the assembly. I then later made the decision that I would defiantly go, even though none of my friends from my school were going... I decided to be brave ha ha! Turns out I did know someone going, and now I have met other people who seem nice too. So that's good!

What exactly is 'World Challenge'?

World Challenge is an organisation that has been running for over 25 years. They offer life changing and amazing trips for schools, which will help you gain many useful and valuable life skills. Also teenagers will gain greater knowledge on different cultures.


You can go to various places with World Challenge. Different places in Africa such as Morocco, Central America, such as Costa Rica, South America, such as Bolivia and Asia such as India and Malaysia and Borneo (which is where I'm going!)

Malaysia is in South Asia and is relatively close to Australia

I have to raise A LOT of money to pay for the trip and should have started fundraising a while ago... ops! Anyway, I'm going to defiantly start in the Easter holidays. I'll be selling various things on eBay and maybe do dog walks, cake sales, stalls at summer/winter fairs and get another part time job, as the one I had a couple of months ago was only for Christmas :-( Also, I might add a little Ad thing on my blog as well, but I'm not sure yet. If you can think of any other ideas, that would be great and much appreciated! So feel free to comment below!

 


On the trip, which is for 1 month, we will be doing various things such as helping out in a town and in a school (I think) and we will help redecorate and teach the children some basic English or do a little music lesson! We will also be climbing a very tall mountain, which will take us 2 days. We will be doing a PADI diving course and turtle conservation - which I think will be SO cute. We get a few days of relaxation time in between most activities as well, so we can go sightseeing, shopping and go to the beaches - which look am a zing. We will be sleeping in tents, hostels and on hammocks in the rainforest, which will be quite scary but fun!
Although there are teachers and leaders coming on the trip, they're leaving everything down to us once we get there, so we'll be organising everything and buying the food we need etc.



 

At the end of the trip I think everyone will be so much more independent, have more social skills and would have learnt tonnes of other great skills. I think it will be a very challenging, but amazing and rewarding experience!



                                     
Thank you for reading! :)
Love, Emily x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Do a friends film night. Have a fun night in and charge £5 for it! Sounds awesome em!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great opportunity! It sounds like a lot of fun and a great cause!! :)

    http://tropicalcolours.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog so I nominated you for The Liebster award if you wanna come on my blog in like 10 mins and check it out? notnowrachel.blogspot.co.uk - Rachel xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe